Saturday, January 3, 2009

So I think that it is about time that I started writing again. For right now, the house is quiet and I am hoping that I will have a little bit of time to write. The fact that it is a new year is exciting to me and I am looking forward to all of the fun times that we are going to be able to have.


Christmas was a fun time for the family. The children really made Christmas come alive. It was fun to see their faces as they opened new presents and the joy that they felt in giving presents to each other. I can't believe that Brendan will be a Sunbeam tomorrow. We talked about it on the way home from Utah and he is really excited to go to his Primary Class. It will be fun to watch him in Primary as he is learning the new songs and participating in Sharing Time. I feel really lucky to be able to be in there with him.
Neil and I were talking about how Eliza will be in Nursery still when he is done with school. That really seems like a long time to me and it will be compared with Brendan's time in Nursery. They didn't have one in New Castle until he was 26 months old I think. But then Eliza has a February birthday and so that means she will be one of the oldest in her Sunbeam class once she enters Primary. It will be interesting how she will do without Brendan in there. Her teachers say that she really doesn't talk much in there right now....which is just so odd to us. Here at home, we can't ever get her to stop talking. She is the cutest little girl and I love her. My only gripe right now is that she has been getting up so early! I need to be a better mom and get up with her, but then I feel like I am not very kind the rest of the day to all of my children. It really is a toss up, but I can't get her to go back to sleep and end up letting the TV babysit her while I try and pry my eyes open. I think that one of my New Year Resolutions is to go to bed earlier so that I can get up earlier with her is going to be the hardest one to keep. But I am going to try.
Lincoln is looking more and more like a baby to me instead of a newborn. I can't believe how fast he is growing! He is already wearing 6 month old clothes. They are a little bit big on him, but he doesn't seem to fit in the clothes he was wearing when he was born...imagine that! When we were in Utah we were able to bless him. I was glad that we were able to have family around us. I have to apologize to all of my family in Utah with letting them know of the blessing only 2 hours before. I will have to remember to let all of them know ahead of time with the next baby blessing.
But I am not even thinking of the next baby yet until Neil is out of school and Lincoln is sleeping through the night. I am envious of all of those moms whose babies are sleeping through the night already. I really do think this is my permanent trial in life.
Life is really good right now and I hope that I can keep a positive outlook on life for awhile. We do have so many blessings to be thankful for.

7 comments:

Deanna said...

Bless your heart Julia! Sounds like you've got your hands full. But, judging by that first pic, looks like your heart is pretty full too :) Hope you get some sleep soon!

Laura said...

Look at all your cute kids. I am right there with you on the sleep thing though; when Sydney gets up early, I am a grump all day long! I really think that is the one of the hardest things about motherhood -- the amount of sleep you get. I, too, have made it a goal to go to bed earlier... but that is hard when nighttime is the only time you have to yourself!!! It was good to see how you and your family is doing!

Suzy said...

Ours is now old enough for Sunbeams too! Can you believe how fast they grow up? Lincoln is looking so big! Congrats on the baby blessing.

Bedkes said...

Lincoln is getting so big! All of the kids look so cute. Can you believe our boys are in primary?? How did Brendan do? Good luck getting to bed earlier, I have been trying to for months but just don't seem to do it. Happy New Year!!!

Jamie said...

It is good to see so many cute pictures of your family. Lincoln is so big already! I am sleep deprived too- the story of a new mother's life right? Love you.

Lindi said...

I like you new family picture...you all look really good!!

Kat and Steve said...

Julia, your kids are too cute. Eliza is totally a Bedke, but I probably don't have to tell you that. I'm tired just thinking about 3 kids, so I'm sure you're pooped. But your kids are so lucky. You are fabulous!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin