I think we are in heaven...
On Friday night at dinner time I suggested that we go on a family bike ride that night. We got to the greenway at about 8pm and had a fun time with each other. Neil pulled all the kids in our bike trailer and I got to ride a bike for the first time since my accident 5 years ago! It was pretty fun. Neil made sure I knew where the brakes were before we started out... :0)We put all 3 kids in the trailor. Brendan and Eliza were strapped in and Lincoln was stuffed under blankets and a boppy pillow. I don't know how much longer we will be able to do this because once he can climb...hmmm. I don't even want to think what could happen.
We rode for just a little bit and then came upon a cute park. It reminded Brendan and I of Baker Park in New Castle except it was a lot bigger! We had fun playing for a little bit. When it was dark we got back on our bikes and rode back to our car. The bike lights really helped out a lot. We especially enjoyed using them because Neil got such a screaming deal on them at Fred Meyer. They each cost $0.04!
This picture was taken in the dark and the flash was really bright so I think it caught everyone off-gaurd. But we had a lot of fun! We haven't ever been on a family bike ride because one of the bikes needed to be fixed. Grandpa and Troy helped Neil fix it while they were here over Easter. Thank You!
So when I went to take everyone out of the trailer and put them back into the car, I opened it up and Lincoln was just sitting there with his fingers in his mouth, surrounded by warm blankets (it was kind of cold). I said, "Well it looks like you are just in heaven, Lincoln!" Brendan then said, "I'm heaven, too. And Eliza is heaven. And you are heaven. And Daddy, you are heaven too." My heart was touched. Being together as a family is heaven!

3 comments:
What a fun way to spend time together. I haven't ridden a bike in so long... sounds great! Maybe by the time Lincoln starts to climb, you could get a little bike for Brendan to ride? I don't know, just an idea. I've seen those ones that attach to the parent's bike in the back.
Cute post...Being together as a family is for sure HEAVEN! I am glad that you had a better experience on your bike this time!
You guys are so cute. Your kids are getting so big.
Post a Comment