Wednesday, February 9, 2011

update...and this is a LONG post

I'm here and here is what I have been up to this year.
I am taking a picture each day and hopefully I will have a book to share at the end of the year.  This has been REALLY good for me to focus on something good every day...and I am loving it!
So I thought that I would share what I've done so far:
Week 1: Jan 1-7
 Do I really want to do this project 365?  Better get started
 Sarah's favor tags.  My life is filled with wedding stuff right now.  Good thing I love these two!  :)
 Everyday the kids break out these workbooks.  They love them and I love that that they love learning.  I love learning from them everyday.  Most of all, I am learning that I have a lot more to learn.
 Took down the tree today and was sad to put all of these lights away.   I hope that the light of Christmas and the light of Christ will continue in our home all year long
 Smoothies with our new VitaMix.  The kids were HAPPY
 Trying out our new bikes outside.  I really was getting tired of the kids riding around the kitchen island and using that as a racing track.  Brendan was excited.  Eliza, not so much.  Hopefully she comes around.
The kids love it when they get a bedtime story and especially loved it tonight when the aunts and uncle Andrew were hosting it.

Week 2: Jan 8-14
 Building and painting our first model airplane...well, Brendan building and painting HIS first model airplane.
And then later that same day, could Sarah's wad of gum get any bigger?  Does she really know this guy that she is marrying?  We had a blast at her bridal shower!
Lincoln INSISTS on having me do his hair with a barrette or bow or something.  I hope he grows out of it sooner than later.  I don't mind him wearing one right now, but will probably think differently if he is a teenager and wanting me to still put a bow in his hair.  I think he is SO cute though! 
Monday was my mom's birthday and Eliza found this pink flower ring for her at Kohl's (our new favorite store). (p.s. I took a picture on the 10th but it was with Sarah's camera and now that Sarah lives in the mountains, I don't know if I will ever get the real picture so I cheated and took another picture here.)
Packing for the trip to Utah...Sarah is getting married on Friday!!!  The kids are so excited to see Tessa and Cody...and everyone else too :)
 
Traveling ALL DAY LONG in the car is not really our favorite thing to do, but the reception at the end of the day is all worth it.  We love our grandma and grandpa Erickson.

Here is a picture of all of the girls in front of the temple.  We took a similar one at girls camp about 10 years ago after I got home from my mission.  That was the year that all of the girls in the family were able to go to camp.  This was the first time that all of us were able to go to the temple together.  It was such a special day.  We went through the Bountiful temple with Sarah!  And then we played all night long...here we are getting pedicures.

Sarah got married on Friday...YEAH!  Here, the kids are warming their hands over a fire at the reception in Orem.  No open flames inside the church though.

Week 3: Jan 22-28
 Can I just say, the KIDS LOVED the snow in Utah! 
We have been wanting to update our Erickson cousin picture for awhile.  I was so excited that we got it right before we left for home!
 We started following a schedule today...we are excited to see what happens with it.
 We found Eliza and Kaleb under Christopher's bed at grandma's house
Instead of going to the movies, we invited Kaleb over and let the kids veg out on our couch...mission accomplished.

 Eliza was the photographer: while I did yoga, she read her Clifford book.






The day of the reception.  It was so fun to work with and see so many friends and lots of family here in Bakersfield.  Good times.

And now I am tired, but I will continue and show you week 4 to the present, soon.
I promise...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin