Wednesday, September 15, 2010

We're still alive and breathing

I haven't blogged in so long! And this entry will be just short and sweet because I don't have a whole lot of time.

Neil takes his PANCE (Physician Assistant National Certification Exam) test tomorrow. We are really excited for him and know that he will do his best! Then the minute he gets home, we will start packing like mad people. My goal has been 5 boxes a day for the last week and so far I have done that...but there is so much more left to do.
After we are packed, we will be leaving to move down to Bakersfield. Neil has a job lined up down there and will start as soon as he gets licensed in the state of California. We are really excited to live closer to family! :)
One quick story:
Brendan really wanted to bear his testimony this week at Family Night. So even though dinner was late and we really should have put the kids to bed, we had a quick family night and set up the stand (a Clorox Bleach box we got from the grocery store for packing) with the microphone (our cheese grater) and the kids bore their testimonies. They were all really sweet and although Lincoln doesn't speak yet (we are working on that), the other kids insisted on him bearing his testimony, too. This is what it turned out to be:
We really liked that Michelle and Jason were able to come and visit us on Saturday night. We had a great time picking apples, pears, and a few blueberries at the local u-pick farm. Our kids absolutely adore theirs and they just had too much fun together. We are going to miss having them so close. They have been such a great support while Neil has been in school.  After picking fruit we took them to Miners...where the burgers are heavenly!  Thanks for such a good time Hurleys

Well, I am off now. Maybe the next time I post it will be from California. Wish us luck!

4 comments:

Bedkes said...

I was laughing so hard, very funny! Eliza was so sweet afterwards, she was so proud of her brother. Can't wait to see you!

chelsea said...

too cute! i can't believe how long eliza's hair is! see you in bako next time i come home!

Mandy said...

I am glad you get to be closer to your family. We sure miss you.

Ashli said...

It was so fun seeing you guys! Thanks for visiting and keeping in touch. Hope you get all settled in California and that you love it there. Happy Holidays!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin