Saturday, February 12, 2011

week 4 and more

I promised...
Week 4: Jan22-28

 January 22: Lincoln loves having Grandpa time almost whenever he wants to.
 January 23:  This little girl in nursery found her voice today.  It was really cute to hear a voice just going on and on when most of our little ones aren't talking that much yet.
January 24:  I made this little flannel board/box for preschool to tell all of our fun stories on.  Preschool starts tomorrow.
 January 25th:  This CUTE boy helped uncle Christopher ask a girl to the MORMAL (the mormon formal).
January 26th: We love it when Chelsea drops by and tonight we shared a little bit of smoothies with her for our treat.
 January 27th: I thought that I had taught my children and anyone else that would listen to NEVER wear socks with sandals.  With that said, whose child is this?
January 28th: We went to the $1 movie...Christopher's payment for Brendan's help...we saw MEGA MIND in 3D.  Lincoln slept through the whole thing.  Good thing it was only a buck...(actually $1.50 for the 3D) but still a great afternoon outing.

Week 5: January 29-February 4
January 29th: Neil got me this for Christmas and I am just getting around to opening it and playing with it.  I LOVE IT!  I am excited to use it with my scrapbooking.  I hope that I can play with it often!  :)
January 30th:  Stake Conference...but with everyone sick, I stayed home with the kids while Neil went to the Delano ward building to be on call if there were to be any medical emergencies during the conference.  When he got home the kids were still in their pajamas and Dad played Superman by blowing up 3 balloons at once.  It provided much needed entertainment for the kids that day.  For some reason, Eliza's kept on popping, but the kids LOVE balloons.
January 31st: With Lincoln still not feeling well, he stayed home and fell asleep early and slept sitting upright which helped with his congestion...Neil was a super-dad again and took Brendan and Eliza out to run errands.  It gave me some much needed silence.  LOVE that every so often.
February 1st: Lincoln stayed home while Brendan and Eliza and I went on our first trip to the library.  We visited Beale Library which is the same one that my mom took me to when I was young.  It brought back lots of GOOD memories and we were able to make some new ones, too.  We hope to visit this place a whole bunch.  :)
February 2nd: So I sent everyone into the bathroom to brush teeth before bedtime.  When it was taking a little bit longer than necessary, I went to check it out.  Lincoln decided to comb his hair with his toothbrush and took all of the liberties needed to wet himself with all the water he needed from the sink.  Bless his heart.
 
February 3rd:  Lincoln brought out all of his tools to help us out with fixing up the house.  He first measured with his tape measure "Stretch" and then used "Philipe" to tighten a few loose spots.  He made sure to put away all of his tools when he was done.
February 4th:  I was so lucky to be invited to the temple with my mom and sister Chelsea today.  We had such a good visit on our way to the Fresno temple.  It was peaceful for sure.  Then afterward we went shopping for some things for Chelsea's mission...and I picked out a few things for myself as well.  :)  It was a fun girls day and I have Neil to thank for making it possible.

Week 6: February 5-11
February 5th: We finally did it!  We rode all of the way to Grandma's house on our bikes.  Well, Brendan and Eliza rode all of the way there while I pushed Lincoln in the stroller.  The kids loved it.  While the first time that we were out riding bikes, Eliza was not very fond of the wide open spaces, today she LOVED it.  The whole way there, she never stopped talking about how much she loved it and how much fun it was.  At one point we rode over electrical boxes under the sidewalk and the kids asked me what they were.  I didn't know the answer right off the bat and Brendan hollered back, "Why don't you know the answers to everything anymore?  Did you just forget everything?"  I guess I need to be really careful of when to say "I don't know."  And plus, isn't he a little bit young to be thinking that his mom doesn't know everything?  I thought that didn't set in until the teenage years.  Andrew rode home with us and showed Brendan how he can ride standing up.
February 6th:  It was a little bit crowded in my bed when I woke up this morning which made it easier for me to get up early and get myself ready for church.  Eliza joined me shortly thereafter and we both got ready even before these boys woke up.  For some reason...and this doesn't happen every Sunday, but we were ready and headed out the door at 10:20 am for our meetings that start at 11.  It is crazy, but there are so many people in our ward that we have to leave by 10:30 at least to get a soft seat and not have to sit in the cultural hall.  I love these boys though!

February 7th: I was trying to work on sewing tablecloths toady and didn't really end up getting that far because I had a certain someone that wanted to sit on my lap and help me sew them.  He wanted to push all of the buttons and guide the fabric and everything.  If he weren't so cute, I don't know what I would do all of the time.

February 8th:  Our cleaning party in the kids' bathroom.  Notice also, Lincoln's hair bow.  I love the help that my kids are with cleaning around the house.
February 9th:  I love family dinners together.  Tonight was simple and the conversation was light.  I really like eating and talking with my family at dinnertime.  Plus we enjoyed the company of Chelsea tonight.  We have to enjoy her a whole bunch right now before she leaves us for her mission on the 23rd of March.
Can I just say that Lincoln just likes to help...and serve and brings so much joy to our family.  He is making tuna fish sandwiches for us for lunch.  He insists on doing things by himself...and most of the time he does a great job.  Thanks Lincoln.
 February 11th:  Neil and I got to go out on a date tonight.  We enlisted Christopher and Andrew to babysit the kids and since it was pizza night, they agreed.  Christopher gave us a curfew of midnight and when we got home this is what he looked like.  Thanks guys for babysitting so that we could go out.  I think we need to make it more of a priority because I just really love my husband!

And there you have it...
And I will return soon with more pictures from my Project 365

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I am so THRILLED that you are living close to family again! And you get to go to the temple with them and go on dates with Neil. Wonderful! I love that Lincoln likes wearing hair bows. So funny!

Bedkes said...

Julia this is such a great idea. I love seeing the pics and reading what you have done. We are excited to come visit again and have the kids play!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin