Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thirsty Tired and Granola

One of my favorite little games to play with the kids goes like this:
"Mom, I'm thirsty."
"OK Thirsty---" or "I love you Thirsty"
They typically get a little bit upset and correct me by stating their own name.  They really don't like the game at all, but fall for it EVERY time.  That is probably why I keep egging them on!
Last night at the dinner table Eliza said that she was tired.  Neil chimed in and said, "OK Tired, eat your dinner and then---" and then Eliza cut him off by exclaiming that she wasn't Tired, but Eliza Ann Erickson!"  (Please believe us when we say that Eliza is not one to be messed with when she is tired.  I think she gets that defective gene from both mom and dad, but oh well.)
This morning I was pouring some granola cereal over some yogurt for Brendan and I didn't know if I had given him enough granola with the amount of yogurt so I said "tell me if you need more granola" and before I could even blink an eye he replied with "My name is not Granola, it is Brendan."  I guess he had just heard "tell me if you need more, Granola."
I guess Brendan is finally catching on to our little game  :)

2 comments:

Bedkes said...

My dad used to do that with me all the time, it drove me crazy! I think Eliza and I would have been great friends if I were her age. I'll have to use it with Blake and Mads and see what they do.

Jamie said...

that's funny! i needed a good laugh- and this was it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin