Friday, February 26, 2010

Remember when...

On Sunday I did Eliza's hair in 2 French Braids (and am so sad that I didn't get a picture of it :( ) but was reminded of all of the years that we did our hair in millions of braids, corn-rows and such for cross-country races and GIRL'S CAMP.  Mostly I remember girl's camp, but I can remember braiding Shannon's hair a couple of times among others on the team for big races...I think I could even find a picture somewhere...hmmm.

But Girl's Camp hair braiding parties were the best.  We would have to start on Saturdays sometimes because there were so many people that we would invite over and so much HAIR!  The best was watching Anne of Green Gables every year while in our braiding trains.  We would sit one person in front of the other and each would busy their hands by braiding the person in front of them.
The best was that we wouldn't have to worry about our hair the whole time that we were up at camp.
I have got to find some pics!
The first on is when I was a youth leader on the 4th year hike 1996.  I think that this was the first year I actually braided my hair for camp.
This next one is of me after a week of braided hair.  I remember it feeling so weird and fluffy-like.
And this last one is of three of my amazing sisters and their amazing hair and our friend Kelly Phillips. 
What memories!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I remember when Jamie and Lindi would do that... what a fun tradition for everyone! :)

Jamie said...

loving the trip down memory lane! hair braiding was awesome- the best part- no need to wash or style while at camp! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin