Friday, March 20, 2009

McDonald's

The other day we went to McDonald's and let the kids play on the toys. They have been dying to play at the park, but it has been really cold and muddy and cold and rainy and cold and I have a new baby...so I gave in and we went to McDonald's. The kids ate and then played and then it was time to go. I was trying to coax Brendan out of the playground and told him it was time to go home.
His response was: "But mom, we haven't seen the animals yet."
I said: "There aren't any animals here" and was confused as to why he was talking about seeing animals-I hadn't told him we were going to see any that day.
It wasn't until that night when we were singing Old McDonald had a Farm that it clicked for me. Brendan brought up the fact that McDonald's didn't have any animals that day...and then I figured it out that he thought we were at Old McDonald's Farm. Sorry Brendan...we can only go on so many adventures each day.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

That is SO cute! Poor Brendan. Hope the rain stops so you can go out and see animals :)

Laura said...

That is really cute. Too bad they SERVE animals there.... :) Kids don't need to know that yet though! :) That's a good idea to go play there when it's bad outside.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin