The effects of PA school on our kids
I think that we need to get one of these
because yesterday Brendan handed Eliza this
and asked her to come fix his back.
I just laughed.
because yesterday Brendan handed Eliza this
and asked her to come fix his back.I just laughed.
Every night before the kids go to bed they ask their dad to check different body parts. He is usually at the school studying at bedtime so I just make the excuse that I don't know how to 'check them' and get out of the whole thing (I just promise that Dad will check them when he gets home which is usually after midnight and well after they are asleep).
He did this quite often when he was learning the different exam procedures last semester. He would check their hand and name all of the parts of the bones and muscles, etc. He would do a different part of their body each time because he would be learning another part each week or so.
Well, they fell in love with the routine-or at least the stalling that takes place so that they can stay up a little longer. The other night Eliza asked: "Can Daddy check my arm and my tummy and my ankle and my wrist and my ankle and my nose and my ankle and my knee and my ankle?" I think that she was really tired because she forgot that she had already asked about the ankle four times. We are glad that Daddy is going to school and can't wait until he doesn't have to study so much at night time and he can actually do those exams as HE puts the kids to bed! Wishful thinking, huh!
He did this quite often when he was learning the different exam procedures last semester. He would check their hand and name all of the parts of the bones and muscles, etc. He would do a different part of their body each time because he would be learning another part each week or so.
Well, they fell in love with the routine-or at least the stalling that takes place so that they can stay up a little longer. The other night Eliza asked: "Can Daddy check my arm and my tummy and my ankle and my wrist and my ankle and my nose and my ankle and my knee and my ankle?" I think that she was really tired because she forgot that she had already asked about the ankle four times. We are glad that Daddy is going to school and can't wait until he doesn't have to study so much at night time and he can actually do those exams as HE puts the kids to bed! Wishful thinking, huh!

3 comments:
That is so cute. It's amazing the things that dads do that moms just can't/don't want to do. Your kids are getting so big!
Where in WA do you live? What speciality is Neil considering? Sydney loves her medical kit and is curing me of all my bruises I obtain from clumsiness. That's my disease.
Cute stuff! I love reading everyone's stories about their kids! Keep them coming!
Post a Comment