Having Friends Over
We had such a fun time on Wednesday night. We invited our neighbors and friends over to eat Cafe Rio pork burritos with us. It rained almost all day so we set up tables inside our garage so that we could keep it scheduled this time instead of cancelling it again. We got the recipe from my aunt Melody back in January and finally got around to trying it out. The food was so good!!! Everyone liked it and we were happy about that.
When everyone was arriving Brendan was so happy! He ran up to Jim and Diane when they got here and Jim asked how he was doing. Brendan started to tell him and just kept on talking for about 2 minutes. Jim couldn't even make his way up the driveway because Brendan just kept on talking and talking. Of course no one can understand hardly anything that he says. Every once in a while you will catch someone's name...dad, mom, or Eliza. Sometimes I wonder what it is exactly that I am agreeing to when I answer him.
I'm glad that we were able to provide pretty cheap entertainment that night. Brendan and Eliza are quite the characters. They kept people occupied and entertained because the meat wasn't quite ready on time. But soon enough we got things put together and had a fun time.
We really are so blessed to live in such a good neighborhood and to have such good friends. They really do take such care of us and that is nice because we don't have a lot of family around. They really have become just like our family out here.
Leave it to me to not take any pictures that night. I wanted to, but forgot the camera inside the house. When I finally remembered, Donny and Sheri had already left for Sheri's clogging class and Rick, Jerri, Sophie, Jim, Diane, and Will had gone home, too. I guess we will just have to get together again and soon so that I can get some pictures.
Here are some of the kids though. They are growing up so FAST!

1 comment:
I got the recipe for those pork burritos/salads too, aren't they great?!
Post a Comment