Friday, September 14, 2007

Family Home Evening

We have been trying harder to have Family Home Evening on every Monday night. It can get kind of tough when Neil has to work on a Monday, but we try our best. Sometimes we move it to a different day of the week so that he can be there. We love spending time together as a family. Our kids are the greatest on earth!

This last week we decided to go to the park with the kids. We had a great time and as usual, took our camera with us. We have learned to never leave home without it. And while we were there Brendan started to laugh so much and we just had to capture that laughter on video. It was to my great surprise that we could upload video onto our blog now. So we would like to share Brendan's laughter with everyone. Neil is doing underdogs with him, but he has to say "go" first. (Finally, he is starting to speak...just a little.)

Eliza was really good about the park, too. She loves to swing. She doesn't enjoy her swing at home as much as she loves the swings at the park though. Probably becuase I put her in her swing at home because I need to get something else done and at the park I stay around and play with her.

The mosquitos were getting pretty bad so we couldn't stay for very long but we love family night and hopefully we will keep up with our goal to have family night every week. Brendan and I read in the Children's Friend (August) that President Hinckley had family night with his family when he was a little boy. He said that his family didn't sing very well together--neither does ours--but he loved the lessons he learned by being with his family and obeying the prophet. We know that we will be blessed by having family home evening...we are already enjoying those blessings.

3 comments:

Bedkes said...

I love the video! How were you able to post a video. His laughing is really cute. Can't wait to see you in January.

Anonymous said...

Ryan loved the video, he came in from the other room and said, "What's so funny mom?" Then I showed the clip to him and he asked wher the train was!"

Jamie said...

his laugh is so cute! I loved it. I can't believe how big Brendan is getting!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin