Pause
I am excited for this new year! I can't believe that 2010 is here already. Sometimes I wish that I could take just a little while and pause everything that is going on around me. Wouldn't that be great? The kids think that they can pause just about anything. Today Eliza put her chips on pause so that she could come and help clean up her toys. They have paused their playdough and even put their robots on pause. See what the pause button on our DVR has done to my children? Neil just asked me about 2 minutes before midnight if I could pause everything...has he become corrupted, too? Just kidding. What would I do if we could pause for a moment and take a look around. I think that this is going to be my resolution for this upcoming year. I would like to pause more often and take a look at my life and count all of the many blessings that I have. I am happier when I can see them and I can see them more clearly when I pause for even 3 seconds each day. :)
I loved the festivities tonight. We played Candyland and Squiggly Worms with the kids and then drank sparkling cider at 12 midnight hoosier time (9pm PST). We figure that the 2 older kids were born there and as far as Brendan is concerned we are moving back there after Dad is done with school. And they were super tired even at 9! They are just so cute!
We are sad that we have to take the tree down tomorrow. The kids don't want to take any of the Nativities down either. This has been a good Christmas and New Year season. Can't wait to see what next year has in store for us...Neil's graduation!!!!!! The countdown has begun!

5 comments:
Happy New Year's Ericksons! I sure miss your fun family, thanks for sharing the cute kid pictures so I could get my fix.
I would love for you to teach me and make quilts with you! I'm so excited to learn!
I love the picture where Brendan is holding the cider like the little macho man that he is, and how Eliza and Lincoln both have cookies bitten out of yet they dont seem to be chewing in the pic! Haha love it :) So cute, as always!
Your kids are darling. I need that pause button at my house, too. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I was praying that your house would sell the other day and then I got a totally selfish thought. If it doesn't sell maybe they should move back into it. Don't you think that would be great? I do. I would love it. We wouldn't be that close, but we would get to see you guys. Love ya
Cute Christmas Jammies
Post a Comment