Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Church time and Birthdays

When my parents visited us in December I had been busy getting ready for them all during the day and didn't have a chance to take a shower before they got here...so I just put on a little bit of perfume and came out to the living room and Brendan asks:  "Mom, why does it smell like Church time?"
I guess I never put on perfume unless I am dressed up and ready to go to church.
Then a couple of days later I used a match to finish up one of Eliza's presents for Christmas and Brendan walked into the kitchen: "Mom, why does it smell like my Birthday cake?"
So, Brendan has a really good sense of smell!  I just think that it is funny how we associate smells with certain events in life.  What memories come to mind when you think of smells?

1 comment:

Deanna said...

How cute! All the scents of the lotions I used from Bath & Body Works in high school and college remind me of the exact season that I used them and I can see in my mind very clear memories from each time period that I used them all.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin