Saturday, September 20, 2008

Fetishes

Our dilemma right now is that Eliza thinks that she is a boy and that Brendan's favorite color is pink. What do you think we should do? Mostly we are just laughing about it and that seems to be working. Eliza is coming around to admitting that she is a girl sometimes, but we are glad that we got her on video (with berry smoothie all over her face and blueberry pancakes on her hands) before she gives up the boy fetish.

Speaking of fetishes...Has anyone heard of Michael Phelps? Brendan picked up on Michael Phelps during the Olympics all on his own. We hadn't ever said anything to him, but the TV announcers can take the credit here because at the end of the Olympics when they were doing one of the montages of highlights, Brendan announced to Neil and I that Michael Phelps was on the TV. Now Michael Phelps has really inspired Brendan in his swimming skills and confidence. In this video, he is swimming with some foam noodles. He can swim all over the pool for hours by himself, like Michael Phelps.

Oh, by the way, he wants to name the baby Michael Phelps, too. So while we haven't picked out a name yet, we are calling the baby Michael Phelps or Neil came up with MP3 (because he will be our third kid).

These kids change so much and all of the time! We are enjoying them so much though...

There is something that we miss though. Eliza is so strong willed and when she makes up her mind on something, there really isn't any luck changing it, unless you can get Brendan to ask her to say hi to him. When he does request this, her response is similar to that of a woman answering the phone in the middle of a fight to say hello. No matter how mad she was Eliza used the sweetest, happiest tone to say "hi, Brendan" and forgot what she was crying about to begin with. It was just so funny to see her do this over and over and over! And then she stopped before we got it on video. Maybe she'll do it again randomly when we have the video camera going.

We will try and be better bloggers in the future. Love to everyone!

3 comments:

H+B Jackson said...

I love both videos! How fun to have two! and soon three!!! I like having one right now while I am busy with school...but oh the adventures I have yet to have with multiple children :-D

Your 2 boys are so cute ;-D I mean GIRL and BOY! They are gorgeous!

Laura said...

THat is so funny! I am sure it's just a silly stage. Your kids are so cute!

Bedkes said...

I love that Eliza thinks she is a boy and how she gets so mad about it, she sure is funny. Brendan is a really good swimmer, he needs to give tips to Blake.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin