Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Day

We had a very merry Christmas. Some friends invited the kids and I over for Christmas Eve since Neil had to work. We had so much fun over there. Brendan loved their dogs (the dog loving thing is kind of wearing on me and I am considering it for the future!) Eliza loved the bows!

I got to talk with my family on a conference call. It was nice to hear from everyone at Christmas. We stayed so late at our friend's house that we weren't sure that Santa would be able to make it to our house so I told the kids to sleep in late to be sure to give him time to bring them their gifts. Brendan came into our bed at about 4am but quickly went back to sleep. At about 8 in the morning I found him like this! Shortly thereafter I woke him up because I was so excited to watch them open up their presents. I haven't been this giddy since I can remember!


Eliza had started talking about 8:30 so we woke Brendan up and he wanted to get in Eliza's bed with her. Neil went in and entertained them for a couple of minutes while I got German pancakes in the oven and got the camera. They were ready to come down the hall and open presents! Santa brought Brendan Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head and Eliza a baby doll.

When all was said and done, Eliza needed a nap and Brendan wanted to get his hands on Eliza's doll. Maybe next year Santa will get Brendan's gift right. :)

Thank you to everyone who has made our Christmas 2007 so wonderful. We feel so blessed!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I love the video. Eliza is sure growing! Both your kids are SO CUTE!Happy Holidays!

Deanna said...

That pic of Brenden asleep is so cute! Thanks for the update :)

Bedkes said...

I hope Brendan won't try and nurse the baby like Uncle Karl!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin